Awards & Scholarships
Awarded the followings:
- Recognition Award, Data to Decision CRC, 2017
- National Security Impact Award, Technology Transfer from CaseWalls Project to Investigation Management System, D2D.CRC, 2017
- Outstanding Reviewer, Elsevier, 2017
- Recognition Award, Data to Decision CRC, 2016
- National Security Impact Award, Integrated Law Enforcement Project, D2D.CRC, 2016
- Postdoctoral Writing Grant, UNSW Australia, 2013
- Australian Postgraduate Award (APA), Australian Government, 2009-2012
- Engineering Excellence Top-Up Scholarship (EETS), UNSW Australia, 2009-2012
- Supplementary Engineering Award (SEA), UNSW Australia, 2009-2012
- Postgraduate Research Support Scheme (PRSS), UNSW Australia, 2011
- Graduated with First Class Honours M.Sc.
- Graduated with First Class Honours B.Sc.
- Have passed the PhD examination where all examiners gave the highest score.
- Selected as an outstanding instructor in the Ministry of Science, Research & Technology, Zand Institute of Higher Education, 2008.
- Got the highest instructor evaluation (19.34/20), Shiraz Azad University, 2008.
- Accepted in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Sharif University of Technology Iran-wide doctoral exam (First Honour Quota), 2008. Remarks: I cancelled my PhD in Sharif University of Technology, because I had decided to continue my studies in Australia.
Research Students (Academic Siblings):
- Samira GHODRATNAMA (@MQ-Sydney)
- Nabi REZVANI (@MQ-Sydney)
- Frank SCHILIRO (@MQ-Sydney)
- Usman SHAHBAZ (@MQ-Sydney)
- Farhad AMOUZGAR (@MQ-Sydney)
- Shahpar YAKHCHI (@MQ-Sydney)
- Mohssen GHAFARI (@MQ-Sydney)
- Vahid MORAVEJI (@MQ-Sydney)
- Alireza TABEBORDBAR (@UNSW-Sydney)
- Maisie BADAMI (@UNSW-Sydney)
- Senthil YUVARAJ (@UNSW-Sydney)
- MohammadAli YAGHOUBZADEH (@UNSW-Sydney)
- Shayan ZAMANIRAD (@UNSW-Sydney)
- Kushal VAGHANI (@UNSW-Sydney)
Book and Book Chapter:
- Beheshti et al. , "Service Research and Innovation, LNBIP 234, Springer, 2018.
- Beheshti et al. , "Process Analytics: Concepts and techniques for querying and analysing big process data", ISBN 978-3-319-25037-3, Springer, 2016.
- Beheshti et al. , "Business Process Data Analysis", Springer, 2016.
- Beheshti et al. , "Model-Based Business Process Query Techniques and Languages", Springer, 2016.
- Beheshti et al. , "Business Process Paradigms ", Springer, 2016.
- Beheshti et al. , "Process Matching Techniques", Springer, 2016.
- Rajabi et al., "Interlinking Big Data and Web of Data". Big Data Optimization, Springer, 2015.
- Beheshti, "Organizing, Querying, and Analyzing Ad-hoc Processes' Data", PhD thesis, University of New South Wales, Australia, 2012.
- Beheshti et al., "ProcessAtlas: A Scalable and Extensible Platform for Business Process Analytics". Software Practice And Experience Journal, 2018 (ERA Rank: A)
- Beheshti et al., "A Systematic Review and Comparative Analysis of Cross-Document Coreference Resolution Methods and Tools", Computing Journal, 99(4), 313-349, 2017 (ERA Rank: A)
- Beheshti et al., "Scalable Graph-based OLAP Analytics over Process Execution Data", Distributed and Parallel Databases (DAPD) Journal, 34(3), 379-423, 2016 (ERA Rank: A).
- Hammoud et al., "DREAM: Distributed RDF Engine with Adaptive Query Planner and Minimal Communication". PVLDB 8(6): 654-665, 2015, (ERA Rank: A*).
- Batarfi et al., "Large Scale Graph Processing Systems: Survey and An Experimental Evaluation", Cluster Computing Journal, DOI: 10.1007/s10586-015-0472-6, 2015.
- Allahbakhsh et al., "Representation and Querying of Unfair Evaluations in Social Rating Systems", Computers and Security 41: 68-88, 2014. (ERA Rank: B)
- Beheshti et al., "CoreKG: a Knowledge Lake Service", 44th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB), Brazil, 2018. (ERA Rank: A*)
- Beheshti et al., "iProcess: Enabling IoT Platforms in Data-Driven Knowledge-Intensive Processes", 16th conference on Business Process Management (BPM), Sydney, Australia, 2018 (ERA Rank: A)
- Beheshti et al., "CrowdCorrect: A Curation Pipeline for Social Data Cleansing and Curation", 30th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE), Estonia, 2018. (ERA Rank: A)
- Tabebordbar et al., "Adaptive Rule Monitoring System", 40th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE-SE4COG), Sweden, 2018. (ERA Rank: A)
- Rastan et al., "TEXUS: Table Extraction System for PDF Documents", Australasian Database Conference (ADC), Gold Coast, Australia, 2018.
- Beheshti et al., "CoreDB: a Data Lake Service", 26th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), Singapore, 2017. (ERA Rank: A)
- Salama et al., "Multi-Level Privacy-Preserving Access Control as a Service for Ambient Assisted Living", 24th IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS), Hawaii, USA, 2017. (ERA Rank: A)
- Beheshti et al., "On Automating Basic Data Curation Tasks", 26th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW), Perth, Australia, 2017. (ERA Rank: A)
- Beheshti et al., "Galaxy: A Platform for Explorative Analysis of Open Data Sources", 19th International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT), Bordeaux, France, 2016. (ERA Rank: A)
- Sun et al.,"Scalable SaaS-based Process Customization with Case Walls", 13th International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing (ICSOC), India, 2015. (ERA Rank: A).
- Maamar et al., "A Framework of Enriching Business Processes Life-Cycle with Tagging Information", Australasian Database Conference (ADC), Melbourne, Australia, 2015.
- Salih et al., "A Preliminary Approach to Domain-based Evaluation of Users' Trustworthiness in Online Social Networks," IEEE-BigData'15, New York, USA, 2015.
- Salih et al., "Towards A Methodology for Social Business Intelligence in the era of Big Social Data incorporating Trust and Semantic Analysis," Springer DaEng'15, Indonesia, 2015.
- Barnawi et al., "On Characterizing the Performance of Distributed Graph Computation Platforms". Proceedings of the 6th TPC Technology Conference on Performance Evaluation and Benchmarking (TPCTC 2014), China.
- Beheshti et al., "Enabling the Analysis of Cross-Cutting Aspects in Ad-hoc Processes", 25th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE'13), June 17-21 2013, Valencia, Spain, 2013. (ERA Rank: A)
- Allahbakhsh et al., "Collusion Detection in Online Rating Systems", The 15th International Asia-Pacific Web Conference (APWeb'13), Sydney, Australia, April, 2013.
- Beheshti et al., "A Framework and a Language for On-Line Analytical Processing on Graphs", 13th International Conference on Web Information System Engineering (WISE'12), pages 213-227, Paphos, Cyprus, November 28-30, 2012. (ERA Rank: A).
- Beheshti et al., "FPSPARQL: A Graph Query Engine as a Service", Second Australasian Symposium on Service Research and Innovation (ASSRI'12), Sydney, Australia, November, 2012.
- Allahbakhsh et al., "Reputation management in crowdsourcing systems". 8th IEEE International Conference on Collaborative Computing: Networking, Applications and Worksharing (CollaborateCom'12): 664-671, 2012.
- Beheshti et al., "A query language for analyzing business processes execution". 9th International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM'11), pages 281-297. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2011, Clermont-Ferrand, France. (ERA Rank: A).
Open Source Projects:
- Beheshti et al., "Data Curation APIs". CoRR abs/1612.03277 (2016)
- Beheshti et al., "Big Data and Cross-Document Coreference Resolution: Current State and Future Opportunities". CoRR abs/1311.3987 (2013)
- Beheshti et al., "Temporal Provenance Model (TPM): Model and Query Language". CoRR abs/1211.5009 (2012).
- Beheshti et al., "Extending SPARQL to Support Entity Grouping and Path Queries". CoRR abs/1211.5817 (2012).
- More Technical Reports, visit: http://cgi.cse.unsw.edu.au/~reports/
Professional Academic Activities
Organizing Committee Member
- General Chair, Eight Australasian Symposium on Service Research and Innovation (ASSRI), 2018
- Organization and Web Chair, Business Process Management (BPM) Conference, 2017
- Program Chair, Seventh Australasian Symposium on Service Research and Innovation (ASSRI), 2017
- Publicity Chair, Business Process Management (BPM) Conference, 2015
Program Committee Member
- Business Process Management Conference (BPM); since 2015
- IEEE International EDOC Conference (EDOC); since 2015
- International Conference on Business Intelligence and Technology (BUSTECH); since 2012
- International ACM Conference on MEDES - Big Data Processing and Management Track, 2014
- International Conference on Advances in Cloud Computing (ACC), 2012
- Information Systems, Elsevier
- Computing, Springer
- ACM Transactions on the Web (TWEB)
- Pervasive and Mobile Computing, elsevier
- Computer Standards & Interfaces, elsevier
- Transactions on Services Computing, IEEE
- Transactions on Cloud Computing, IEEE
- Cluster Computing, Springer
- Journal of Data Semantics, Springer
- Concurrency and Computation - Practice and Experience - Wiley
- Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT), ACM
- Conference Reviews: BPM, WWW, CAiSE, ICSOC, DASFAA, ER, ICWS, EDOC, ICWE, CloudCom, ADC, etc.
Microsoft Certified MCPD, MCTS, MCSD, MCAD, MCP since 2004.
- Cloud computing: MapReduce, Google App Engine, Amazon EC2
- Languages: C#, Java, C/C++, VB.NET
- Server Scripting: SQL, ASP, ADO, PHP, JSP
- NLP tools and techniques, e.g., OpenNLP, Stanford NLP, and Lingpipe.
- Protocols: HTTP, SOAP, Web Services
- Service Description: WSDL, BPEL
- Security: XML Encryption, XML Signature
- XML technology: XML, DTD, XML DOM, XSLT, XPath, XQuery, Schema, SVG
- Semantic Web: RDF, OWL, SPARQL
- Mark-up languages: XML, XSL, HTML, CSS
- Design techniques: UML, OO design, Web services
- Programming tools: Google Web Toolkit, ANT, Make, CVS, SVN
- Programming IDE: Eclipse, Visual Studio
- Databases: DB2, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: +61 (2) 9850 6344
- fax: +61 (2) 9850 9551
- Address: Data Analytics Research Group, Building E6A-340, 9 Wallys Walk, Macquarie University, Sydney, NSW 2109, Australia